On Saturday June 22, 2019 the Blue Dolphins headed to Hinton for a swim meet.
The swimmers set up a swimmer camp in the arena, the ice was out for the summer, so they had plenty of room to stretch out and hang out for the day.
Our team had 44 swimmers in attendance. Returning swimmers had 65 personal bests and our swimmers competed in 17 new events!
Melissa Baker Photography
Some notable swims…
- Madeline Blain placed first in Girls 13/14 100 Back.
- Mason Cox placed first in Boys 6+U Flutter.
- Isaac Daniels competed in his first 50 Free.
- Gwen Disney-Young competed in her first 50 Free.
- Bree Garnier achieved personal bests in all 4 of her events.
- Hannah Garnier achieved personal bests in all 4 of her events.
- Dylan Gagnon swam his first 100 Free and had personal bests in his other 3 events.
- Kylie Gagnon placed first in Girls 6+U Flutter.
- John Harasym swam his first 50 Free and placed first in Boys 6+U.
- Matthew Hill placed first in Boys 11/12 50 Back.
- Ella Langley competed in her first 100IM and her first 400 Free.
- Gloria Liang swam her first 100 Back.
- William Thebeau achieved personal bests in all 4 of his events.
- Lizzy Thebeau competed in her first 50 Free.
- Ethan MacDougall took over 10 seconds off of his 100 Free.
- Liam MacDougall took over 15 seconds off his 100 Free.
- Ella Perrin took over 10 seconds off her 100 Free.
- Alex Prodaniuk swam her first 50 Breast.
- Ava Roche swam her first 25 Fly.
- Ben Thebeau took over 7 seconds off of his 50 Breast.
- Rylee Witherly took 11 seconds off her 100 IM.
- Kierra Wutke swam her first 100 Free.
- Girls 8+U 100 Free Relay placed first: Hannah Garnier, Taylor Stieb, Lizzy Thebeau and Chloe Varga.
- Boys 10+U 100 Free Relay placed first: Ethan MacDougall, William Thebeau, Dylan Gagnon, Jordan Robertson.
- Mixed Open 200 Free Relay placed first: Eric Davidson, Samia Davidson, Peyj Woykin, Ryan Boll.
Congratulations to our Blue Dolphins medalists!
Boys 6&U GOLD: John Harasym
Girls 7/8 GOLD: Hannah Garnier
Boys 7/8 GOLD: Jordan Robertson
Boys 7/8 BRONZE: Brayden Anderson
Girls 15-17 GOLD: Samia Davidson
Boys 15-17 GOLD: Eric Davidson
Men 18+ GOLD: Ryan Boll