On Saturday July 27, 2019 the Blue Dolphins headed to Spruce Grove for the last regular meet of the season.
Spruce Grove is always an exciting meet as the Tri Leisure pool in Spruce Grove has 10 lanes! That means there are 30 timers required to run the meet in addition to all of the other officials.
Our team had 34 swimmers in attendance. Returning swimmers had 70 personal bests and our swimmers competed in 8 new events!
Melissa Baker Photography
Some notable swims…
- Jorja Amiot achieved personal bests in all 4 of her events.
- Payton Baker swam her first 200 Free.
- Samia Davidson placed first in her 100 Back.
- Dylan Gagnon achieved personal bests in all 4 of his events.
- Kylie Gagnon swam her first 50 Back and she placed first in her 25 Flutter.
- Liam Gagnon achieved personal bests in all 4 of his events.
- John Harasym swam his first 50 Back.
- Liam Hill achieved personal bests in all 4 of his events including taking over 20 seconds off of his 100 Free and over 12 seconds off of his 100 Back.
- Matthew Hill competed in his first 50 Fly and placed first in this event.
- Ethan MacDougall took over 8 seconds off of his 100 Free.
- Brynn Munro swam her first 200 IM as well as achieving personal bests in her 3 other events. Brynn also took 16 seconds off of her 200 Free.
- Alex Prodaniuk swam her first 100 Breast.
- Hayden Robertson swam her first 25 Breast.
- Jordan Roberson placed first in his 50 Free.
- Jayda Robinson took over 9 seconds off of her 100 Free.
- Josh Robinson took over 6 seconds off his 100 Fly and 11 seconds off his 200 IM.
- Ava Roche placed first in her 25 Free.
- Devin Schatz achieved personal bests in all 4 of his events.
- Kyle Schatz achieved personal bests in all 4 of his events.
- Brielle Smallwood swam her first 50 Free.
- Lizzy Thebeau achieved personal bests in all 4 of her events, including taking almost 8 seconds off of her 50 Back.
- Sadie Thebeau took over 4 seconds off of her 50 Breast and she placed first in her 50 Fly.
- Chloe Varga placed first in her 25 Back and 50 Back.
- Mixed 10+U 100 Medley Relay: Ethan MacDougall, Hayden Robertson, Ava Roche, and William Thebeau placed first.
- Mixed 17+U 200 Medley Relay: Samia Davidson, Eric Davidson, Josh Robinson and Peyj Woykin placed first.
- Mixed 10+U 100 Free Relay: Ethan MacDougall, Hayden Robertson, Ava Roche and William Thebeau placed first.
- Mixed 12+U 200 Free Relay: Matthew Hill, Ben Thebeau, Alex Prodaniuk and Mariah Mason placed first.
Congratulations to our Blue Dolphins medalists!
Girls 6+U: BRONZE: Kylie Gagnon
Girls 7/8: GOLD: Chloe Varga
Men 18+ SILVER: Ryan Boll
Samia Davidson celebrated competing in her 100th swim meet at the Spruce Grove meet. Samia has been swimming with the Whitecourt Blue Dolphins since 2008.