On Friday July 12 and Saturday July 13, 2019 the Blue Dolphins headed to St. Albert for a swim meet.
The distance events were held Friday night with the regular events held on Saturday.
The swimmers set up a ‘swim camp’ outside and came into the Fountain Park pool to swim their events. We have so many swimmers attending the meets in Region B that there is not enough space for everyone to sit on deck!
Our team had 28 swimmers in attendance. Returning swimmers had 51 personal bests and our swimmers competed in 4 new events!
Melissa Baker Photography
Some notable swims…
- Jorja Amiot took 4 seconds off her 200IM.
- Payton Baker took 2.5 seconds off her 50 Free.
- Cruz Hunt achieved personal bests in all 4 of his events.
- Ella Langley took 4 seconds off her 200 Free and 4 seconds off her 50 Breast.
- Mariah Mason took 4 seconds off her 50 Fly.
- Alex Prodaniuk took almost 4 seconds off her 100 Free.
- Hayden Robertson swam her first 25 Fly and had personal bests in her other 3 events, including taking over 11 seconds off of her 100 Free.
- Josh Robinson took over 4 seconds off of his 100 Fly.
- Alysa Tarcon took almost 4 seconds off of her 200IM.
- William Thebeau took nearly 4 seconds off of his 50 Back and over 6 seconds off of his 50 Free.
- Ellie Theroux took almost 5 seconds off of her 50 Free.
- Alexia Thomsen achieved personal bests in all 3 of her events, taking over 12 seconds off of each of them.
- Ewan Trenchard Took 11 seconds off his 50 Free.
Congratulations to our Blue Dolphins medalists! Our swimmers were excited that in St. Albert they award medals for each event, not aggregate medals based on points.
Girls 7/8: SILVER: Lacy Thomsen in 50 Back
Girls 7/8: SILVER: Lacy Thomsen in 25 Back
Boys 7/8: SILVER: Jordan Robertson in 25 Back
Boys 7/8: BRONZE: Jordan Robertson in 50 Back
Boys 7/8 BRONZE: Jordan Robertson in 50 Free
Boys 7/8 GOLD: Cruz Hunt in 25 Back
Boys 7/8: SILVER: Cruz Hunt in 50 Back
Girls 9/10: BRONZE: Ava Roche in 50 Free
Boys 9/10: SILVER: Oliver Trenchard in 25 Back
Boys 9/10: SILVER: William Thebeau in 50 Free
Girls 11/12: SILVER: Jorja Amiot in 100 Back
Girls 11/12: BRONZE: Jorja Amiot in 200IM
Boys 11/12: GOLD: Matthew Hill in 50 Back
Boys 11/12: SILVER: Matthew Hill in 100 Back
Boys 11/12: BRONZE: Matthew Hill in 50 Free
Boys 11/12: BRONZE: Cash Hunt in 50 Breast
Girls 13/14: BRONZE: Peyj Woykin in 50 Free
Girls 15-17: GOLD: Samia Davidson in 100 Back
Girls 15-17: SILVER: Samia Davidson in 50 Back
Girls 15-17: SILVER: Samia Davidson in 100 IM
Girls 15-17: BRONZE: Samia Davidson in 200 IM
Men 18+ GOLD: Ryan Boll in 100 Fly
Men 18+ GOLD: Ryan Boll in 100Free
Men 18+ GOLD: Ryan Boll in 50 Free
Men 18+ GOLD: Ryan Boll in 50 Fly
Girls 17+U 200 Medley Relay: SILVER: Samia Davidson, Sadie Thebeau, Alysa Tarcon, Peyj Woykin
Boys Open 200 Medley Relay: BRONZE: Duncan Wild, Ryan Boll, Josh Robinson, Ben Thebeau
Mixed 10+U 100 Free Relay: GOLD: Hayden Robertson, Oliver Trenchard, William Thebeau, Ava Roche
Boys 8+U 100 Free Relay: GOLD: Cruz Hunt, Brayden Anderson, Ewan Trenchard, Jordan Robertson
Girls 12+U 200 Free Relay: SILVER: Jorja Amiot, Payton Baker, Ella Langley, Mariah Mason
Boys Open 200 Free Relay: BRONZE: Josh Robinson, Duncan Wild, Ben Thebeau, Ryan Boll