On Friday July 19 and Saturday July 20, 2019 the Blue Dolphins headed to Stony Plain for our second outdoor meet of the season.
The distance events were held Friday night with the regular events held on Saturday. Friday night was off to a slow start because of thunder and lightning. We were happy when the meet was able to begin, but were a bit disappointed not to complete all of the events that evening, as it became too dark outside to swim.
Thankfully on Saturday the weather behaved and it turned out to be a great day for swimming.
Our team had 34 swimmers in attendance. Returning swimmers had 52 personal bests and our swimmers competed in 9 new events!
Melissa Baker Photography
Some notable swims…
- Payton Baker almost 16 seconds off of her 100 Free.
- Madeline Blain placed first in her 50 Back and her 100 Back.
- Eric Davidson swam the 200IM, 1500 Free, 400 Free and 800 Free, getting personal bests all of the Freestyle events including taking over a minute and 13 seconds off of his 800.
- Dylan Gagnon achieved personal bests in all 4 of his events and took over 12 seconds off of his 50 Back.
- Kylie Gagnon took over 7 seconds off of her 25 Free.
- Liam Gagnon took over 7 seconds off of his 100 Free.
- Hannah Golby swam her first 50 Back and 50 Free events.
- Taylor Hendrickson achieved personal bests in all 4 of her events.
- William Thebeau achieved personal bests in all 4 of his events, including taking nearly 14 seconds off of his 100 Free.
- Duncan Wild achieved personal bests in all 4 of his events, including taking over 13 seconds off of his 100 Back.
- Mixed 12+U 200 Free Relay placed first: Hannah Garnier, Lizzy Thebeau, Kyle Schatz and Devin Schatz.
- Mixed Open 200 Medley Relay placed first: Samia Davidson, Eric Davidson, Ryan Boll, Peyj Woykin.
- Mixed Open 200 Free Relay placed first: Ryan Boll, Samia Davidson, Eric Davidson, Peyj Woykin.
Congratulations to our Blue Dolphins medalists!
Girls 7/8: GOLD: Hannah Garnier
Girls 13/14: BRONZE: Madeline Blain
Men 18+ GOLD: Ryan Boll